Friday, November 07, 2014

Math With Someone

One of the choices my students are able make as part of Daily 5 Math is Math With Someone. They are able to choose one of four math partner activities that work on the skills being introduced and reinforced over the next two weeks. Most of the activities have come from the Grade 2 Maximizing Math Teacher's Resource and the Grade 2 Pearson Math Makes Sense Teacher Guide. Sometimes I find great activities from Pinterest or other blogs to supplement the concepts being taught.

I have made three copies of each of the different activities. Each activity is kept in it's own Ziploc bag with instructions and all the materials that are needed for the activity. I don't include hundreds charts, dice, or counters since the students have them in their Math By Themselves Folder. The cute clipart on the label is from Reagan Tunstall's Guided Math Rotation Board.



When I change the Math With Someone activities, I spend about 15 minutes introducing and demonstrating all the activities with the entire class. If students forget how to play, they refer to the instructions in the bag. I have yet to have a student ask me to review how to do one of the activities, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will stay that way!


No comments:

Post a Comment